Environmentally Conscious Products
We provide eco-conscious products. Our efforts to reduce environmental impacts are yielding products that increase production process and product energy efficiency, raise resource efficiency, and eliminate the use of harmful and hazardous substances.
- Compact, lightweight, energy-efficient Epson products that are designed for long life and easy recyclability have a lower environmental impact across their life cycles.
- Epson produces attractive products engineered for easy maintenance and chemical safety.
Environmentally Conscious Products
A life cycle icon is used to clearly communicate the stage of the product life cycles in which Epson has achieved significant reductions in environmental impacts.
Office & Home Printing Innovation / Commercial & Industrial Printing Innovation
Home Printer Made Using Recycled Plastic
Post-consumer plastic accounts for about 30%, by weight, of the plastic used in the EP-M553T printer. The amount of paper used for the retail box was also reduced.*1 The printer is equipped with high-capacity ink tanks, which alleviate out-of-ink worries, reduce ink replacement hassles, use fewer resources, and result in less waste.
*1 The number (30%) was determined by calculating the weight of recycled plastic in each part based on the composition rate and then adding them up.
Printer Made Using Recycled Plastic Material
Recycled plastic accounts for about 30%*1, by weight, of the plastic used in the EP-M553T. The use of recycled plastic material enables us to use less virgin plastic and contribute to resource recycling.
Epson will gradually increase the amount of recycled plastic used in various printer product categories that we expect to be widely used to print photos, school materials, and documents by those working from home.
Reducing Paper Use in Retail Boxes
We have achieved an approximately 10%*2 reduction in CO2 emissions associated with retail boxes by replacing coated paperboard*3 with labels, thus using less paper. All necessary information is displayed simply on a label.
*2 Coated paperboard is thick paper that has been coated to improve printability. Coated paperboard is applied to all sides of a retail box.
*3 Comparison of CO2 emissions accompanying raw materials and processing of coated paperboard/label and corrugated fiberboard (not include printing and corrugated board assembly).
Reduction in Consumables Used
We are reducing consumables and packaging use by enabling users to refill ink tanks from bottles. People who print a lot and use larger-sized ink bottles instead of ink cartridges can reduce their CO2 emissions from consumables by about 73%.
* Comparison of CO2 emissions accompanying the raw materials, manufacture, transport, and disposal of consumables, including packaging materials, assuming 30,000 A4 color documents are printed over a period of 5 years. CO2 emissions were calculated based on Epson's evaluation conditions. Actual CO2 emissions will vary depending on customer printer use.
- Post-consumer recycled material is used in the plastic used in the printer.
- The amount of paper used is reduced by using corrugated fiberboard boxes that do not have a layer of coated paperboard.
- The printer is equipped with high-capacity ink tanks, which alleviate out-of-ink worries, reduce ink replacement hassles, and consume fewer resources.
High-Capacity Ink Tanks Reduce Resource Consumption for Consumables
Includes ink tanks. Reduced number of ink refills, contributes to the reduction of environmental impact and allows users to experience improved business efficiency as they print.
CO2 Emissions of Consumables
Consumables CO2 emissions are less than 1/5th of conventional cartridge model.
* Comparison of CO2 emissions accompanying the manufacture, transport, and disposal of consumables, including packaging materials, assuming 50,000 A4 color documents are printed over a period of 5 years. CO2 emissions were calculated based on Epson's evaluation conditions. Actual CO2 emissions will vary depending on customer printer use.
- Use of ink tanks means fewer ink refills and resource consumption. In addition, it achieves low electricity consumption with Heat-Free Technology that do not use heat during printing.
- About 84% reduction in CO2 emissions of consumables*1
- TEC: 0.15 kWh*2
*1 Compared with WF-2630 series when using consumables to print 50,000 pages.
*2 Typical electricity consumption (TEC) is calculated by Epson based on the ENERGY STAR® TEC test method criteria. Electricity consumption will vary according to the customer printer use.
Compact, Stylish Receipt Printer
A compact receipt printer suitable for tablet POS environments. It combines a compact and stylish body with environmental performance.
Compact & Lightweight Design
Compact, lightweight POS printers to streamline your register counter. Enjoy greater installation flexibility while reducing your environmental impacts.
Energy Saving Design
Epson increased total energy-efficiency by developing an AC adapter, drivers, software and other features that save energy. Reduce your environmental impacts with remarkable energy performance.
Paper Reduction Function
Paper-saving functions: Reduce paper consumption by up to 30% with an auto-paper saving function and with optional settings that reduce the top and bottom margins of receipts.
- The sleek and stylish TM-m10 and TM-m30 receipt printers are approximately 71% and 46% smaller than Epson's TM-T20II, making them ideal for tablet POS environments and register counter spaces.
- Equipped with a host of energy-saving features, the TM-m10 and TM-m30 consume about 81% and 78% less power than the TM-T20II.*1
- Paper-saving functions conserve resources and cut costs.
*1 Comparison when connected to Ethernet (230 V)
Fully-Integrated, Feature-Rich Compact Teller Device
As an all-in-one product, the TM-S9000MJ offers a lower environmental impacts while also lightening the work load of tellers by efficiently processing checks electronically.
Electronic Check Processing: The Faster, Greener Alternative
Paper checks are an integral part of life in the U.S. and some other locales. In the past, banks would physically mail checks to one another for processing, but legal changes and technological advances have made electronic check processing standard. With the TM-S9000MJ, Epson supports electronic check processing, which not only lightens the work load on banks but also reduces the environmental impact by eliminating the need for physical transport.
ALL the Required Function in a Single Unit
The TM-S9000MJ combines check scanning, endorsement and receipt printing functions in a single device. In addition to having a small footprint that saves space at the teller counter, this all-in-one device is fast and easy to use. By maximizing work efficiency and eliminating the need for several separate devices, the TM-S9000MJ helps save energy and resources.
- Support the digitalization of the check settlement process and also greatly reduce the environmental impacts related to physically transporting checks.
- The functions necessary for the tellers are integrated in one unit, reducing the environmental impacts related to energy use, resources and so on by making separate equipment unnecessary.
Compact SCARA robots
Epson's industrial robots have led the industry for over 30 years thanks to their innovativeness and reliability. And Epson has SCARA robot global market share leader for ten successive years*1.
T series have a built-in controller and batteryless motors. SCARA robot arms move horizontally and can perform simple tasks that are currently done by hand, such as loading and unloading electronic components and small automotive parts from test equipment. SCARA robots can also help you replace single-axis robots.
*1 Market share based on unit sales of industrial SCARA robots, 2011-2020.
(Source: Fuji Keizai "2012 - 2021 Reality and Future Outlook of Worldwide Robot Market").
Space-saving and simple cabling
Epson integrated all the compact, lightweight controller components into the robot arm so that customers do not need a separate controller box or a space in which to install it. In addition, you no longer have to route long cables to the controller, which simplifies initial setup and redeployment.
* Weights indicated in the above pictures do not include cables.
Saving energy and resources
The T3 is 30% more energy-efficient than conventional SCARA robots. And it runs on 100 V, so it can be used in facilities where a large power supply is not available.
You do not need to replace batteries because the T3 records the back-up status of its motors by using a simple mechanical system with the latest motor technologies.
- Compact all-in-one SCARA robots increase productivity and save space by automating simple tasks and replacing single-axis robots.
- Equipped with a built-in controller to save space
- Run on AC 100 V, using 30% less power than comparable Epson robot systems*1
- No batteries required for the motor unit, thus reducing resource use, maintenance, and factory downtime
*1 Compared with an Epson LS3 SCARA robot
A Projector with a Long-lasting Laser Light Source for Reduced-maintenance Operation
The high-output laser light source has a long service life and helps shrink the size of the optical engine.
Laser Light Source
High-lumen projectors designed primarily for use at major events need to be extraordinarily reliable and to maintain stable brightness and image quality around the clock. These large-venue projectors are often installed on high ceilings, which can make lamp replacement troublesome and expensive.
The laser light source lasts up to an estimated 20,000 hours*1, practically assuring that it will be ready to go when you are.
*1 Approximate time until brightness decreases 50% from first usage. Measured by acceleration test assuming use of 0.04 - 0.20 mg/m3 of particulate matter. Time varies depending on usage conditions and environments.
Lightweight Yet Durable
Laser light, which is less susceptible to diffusion than lamp light, can more readily be concentrated, meaning that the mirrors, LCD panels, and other main components in the optical engine can be made smaller and lighter.
A pipe frame and baseplate structure ensure a durable, knock-resistant case. Besides being compact and light, this projector is designed to be easy to install, remove, and transport again and again.
* Compared to the weight and volume of projectors with 10,000 lumens of brightness or more (per Epson research conducted in May 2017). Some projectors use a laser light source, others use a lamp.
EB-L25000U wins iF Design Award 2017.
Products are evaluated based on a wide range of criteria, including consideration of environmental standards, practicability, workmanship, degree of elaboration and innovation, functionality, usability, safety, aesthetics, and universal design.
- The EB-L25000U supports major events with stunning image productions and a level of reliability that only a laser light source can deliver.
- Equipped with a 20,000 hours long-lasting laser light source.
- Compact, lightweight design, improved robustness, and easy installation.
- Smaller, lighter mirrors, LCD panels, and other main components in the optical engine.
- A pipe frame and baseplate structure ensure a durable, knock-resistant case.
Experience a New Way with Light and Comfortable Smart Glasses
Compact and lightweight, the Moverio BT-300 is comfortable to wear, even for an extended period of time.
Miniaturization of the Optical System
Self-illuminating and Focused light distribution as Si-OLED technology contributes for Miniaturization of the optical system.
- Compact and lightweight design contributes resource saving.
- Headset is approx. 22% lighter than BT-200, approx. 71% lighter than BT-100.